I offer a warm, genuine and collaborative approach as a therapist. My clients come from diverse backgrounds and our work together generates greater self-awareness and capacity for change.
Areas of focus often include relationship issues, anxiety and the intersection of culture and psychology. I also have advanced training in perinatal and reproductive mental health.
Historically, the field of psychology has pathologized certain identities and experiences. As a care provider, I am aware of this history and offer a welcoming, nonjudgmental space where clients can express themselves and their concerns as freely as possible.
I'm licensed with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences and have a Masters degree in Counseling Psychology, with an emphasis in depth therapy. My ongoing education includes anti-oppression work and cultural somatics.
Below is more info on my professional background. Please reach out with any questions.
• Postpartum Support International
• Bay Area Open Minds: Psychotherapists Affirming Sexual and Gender Diversity
• American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Mental Health Professional Group
• Kink-Aware Professionals
Continuing Education (selected):
• Trans/Gender-Focused Consultation Group, Sand Chang, Ph.D.
• Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders; Perinatal Grief and Loss, Seleni Institute
• Fertility Counseling Postgraduate Course, Sharon Covington and Linda Applegarth
• Ridhwan Center for Spiritual Development
• UNtraining White Liberal Racism
• Motivational Interviewing for Substance Use
• Mindfulness and Self-Compassion, Spirit Rock Meditation Center
Volunteer and Pro Bono Work:
• Bay Area Asylum Mental Health Project, evaluations for asylum seekers
• A Home Within, psychotherapy with youth in foster care
• Camp New Hope, weekend camp for youth diagnosed with bipolar disorders