I offer a warm, genuine and collaborative presence as a therapist and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and concerns into my practice.
My areas of focus include relationship issues, anxiety and the impact of social and cultural conditioning. I also have advanced training in perinatal and reproductive mental health, including postpartum stress, infertility and pregnancy loss. My approach is intersectional and informed by movements for healing and liberation.
My ongoing education includes anti-oppression work, somatic approaches to trauma, and gender-affirming and trans-affirming care. I have a Masters degree in Counseling Psychology and am licensed with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Please see below for more info on my professional background and feel free to contact me with any questions.
* A note about fees and accessibility:
I believe that psychotherapy ought to be available to anyone who needs it. If my practice or fees are not a fit for you, I will gladly offer information about other local and community resources. Please feel free to ask.
• Postpartum Support International
• Bay Area Open Minds: Psychotherapists Affirming Sexual and Gender Diversity
• American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Mental Health Professional Group
• California Victim Compensation Board
• Kink-Aware Professionals
Continuing Education (selected):
• Seleni Institute: Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Perinatal Grief and Loss
• Fertility Counseling Postgraduate Course, Sharon Covington & Linda Applegarth
• Ridhwan Center for Spiritual Development
• Foundation of the Sacred Stream
• UNtraining White Liberal Racism
• Motivational Interviewing for Substance Use
• Mindfulness and Self-Compassion, Spirit Rock Meditation Center
Volunteer and Pro Bono Work:
• Bay Area Asylum Mental Health Project, evaluations for asylum seekers
• A Home Within, psychotherapy with youth in foster care
• Camp New Hope, weekend camp for youth diagnosed with bipolar disorders