Welcome to my psychotherapy practice. I work with individuals, couples and families on relationship and communication issues. I also welcome people with reproductive and maternal mental health concerns, including fertility and postpartum adjustment. My style as a therapist is warm, genuine and collaborative.
Historically, the field of psychology has pathologized certain identities and experiences. As a care provider, I am aware of this history and offer a welcoming and nonjudgmental space where clients can express themselves and their concerns as freely as possible.
My practice integrates trauma-informed and culturally sensitive care, and my view of mental health spans individual, family, social and cultural influences.
I'm licensed with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences and have a Masters degree in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in depth therapy.
Below is more info on my professional background. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
• Postpartum Support International
• Bay Area Open Minds: Psychotherapists Affirming Sexual and Gender Diversity
• American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Mental Health Professional Group
• RTZ Hope: Transforming the Culture of Pregnancy and Infant Loss
Continuing Education (selected):
• EMDR Institute
• UNtraining White Liberal Racism
• Foundation of the Sacred Stream
• Fertility Counseling Postgraduate Course
• Ridhwan Center for Spiritual Development
• Trans/Gender-Focused Consultation Group
• Mindfulness and Self-Compassion, Spirit Rock Meditation Center
• Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders/Perinatal Grief and Loss, Seleni Institute
Volunteer and Pro Bono Work:
• Bay Area Asylum Mental Health Project, evaluations for asylum seekers
• Frontline Workers Counseling Project, short-term therapy for essential workers