Hello and welcome! I work with individuals, couples and families on relationship issues. I also welcome people with reproductive and maternal mental health concerns, including pregnancy loss, fertility and postpartum adjustment. My style as a therapist is warm, genuine and collaborative.
Historically, the field of psychology has pathologized certain identities and experiences. As a care provider, I am aware of this history and offer a welcoming and nonjudgmental space where clients can express themselves and their concerns as freely as possible.
My practice integrates trauma-informed and culturally sensitive care and my view of mental health spans individual, family, social and cultural influences.
I'm licensed with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences and have a Masters degree in Counseling Psychology. I'm also certified in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C).
Outside of work, I have a longtime mindfulness practice and am a Crossfitter. People with these interests are welcome to reach out, as I understand and appreciate both practices deeply.
Below is more info on my professional background. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
• Postpartum Support International
• Bay Area Open Minds: Psychotherapists Affirming Sexual and Gender Diversity
• RTZ Hope: Transforming the Culture of Pregnancy and Infant Loss
• Kink Aware Professionals / National Coalition for Sexual Freedom
Continuing Education (selected):
• EMDR Institute
• UNtraining White Liberal Racism
• Ridhwan Center for Spiritual Development
• Trans/Gender-Focused Consultation Group
• Mindfulness and Self-Compassion, Spirit Rock Meditation Center
• Fertility Counseling Postgraduate Course, Covington & Applegarth
• Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders/Perinatal Grief and Loss, Seleni Institute
Volunteer and Pro Bono Work:
• Bay Area Asylum Mental Health Project, evaluations for asylum seekers
• Frontline Workers Counseling Project, short-term therapy for essential workers